A holistic approach can help you optimise your sleep quality. CIRCADIN has partnered with the award-winning sleep and mindfulness App AURA, to help you on your personalised journey to sleeping better and living better.*Terms and Conditions
CIRCADIN has a good safety profile
- CIRCADIN is well tolerated with a side effect profile comparable to placebo
- Doesn’t affect your cognitive functions on the following day
- No dependence or withdrawal effects
From the Dance of the insomniac to a Beautiful sleep
You are not alone!
You are not alone!
You are not alone!
Circadin has a specific, prolonged release formulation which means the melatonin is slowly released over the course of 8 to 10 hours and mimics the body’s natural pattern of melatonin release.1
Circadin is a pharmaceutical grade melatonin product – which means it has been carefully assessed for quality, efficacy and consistency, and has been approved for use in Australia.
The sleep promoting effect of Circadin will take place from 1 to 2 hours after taking a tablet.
For the best effect, take Circadin as directed. (Circadin should be used regularly at the same time each day, after food and 1 to 2 hours before you go to bed). To approach your sleep issues holistically, we recommend you also follow good sleep hygiene practices.
Always speak to your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure.
It depends. A 3-week supply of Circadin can be obtained without a prescription for people aged 55 or older. However, you will need to talk to your pharmacist first so they can decide if it’s right for you. Otherwise, you should speak to your doctor.
Circadin prolonged release formulation mimics the body’s natural melatonin levels, peaking at night and gradually falling towards morning, whilst respecting your natural sleep cycles throughout the night.
This allows you to wake up naturally, alert and without the hangover effect some people feel with traditional sleeping pills.
Circadin rarely causes drowsiness, nevertheless it is not recommended to drive or operate machinery for 8 hours after you take it.
Circadin does not impair morning alertness, but if you suffer from drowsiness during the day, you should consult your doctor.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about melatonin and its potential side-effects.
We are here to help you sleep better
An effective solution to primary insomnia*
CIRCADIN has been clinically proven¥† to improve sleep quality, morning alertness and daytime functioning, and to decrease the time it takes to fall asleep.
*Primary insomnia is insomnia without an underlying medical cause or any other clear cause †Compared to placebo in adults aged 55 and over
Everyone struggles with sleep occasionally, but if it keeps happening then seeking advice is the healthy thing to do.
Make more of every day.
¥Wade AG, et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007; 23(10):2597-2605; supported by Neurim.
- Wade AG, et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007;23(10):2597-2605. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Zisapel N, Laudon M. Human Psychopharmacology Clin Exp. 2003;18:1-20.
- Luthringer R, et al. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;24:239-249. Sponsored by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- CIRCADIN® Product Information. Last amended 11 November 2020.
- Zisapel N. Open Neuroendocrinology J. 2010;3:85-95.
- Wade AG, et al. BMC Medicine. 2010;8:51. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Lemoine P, et al. J Sleep Res. 2007;16:372-380. Sponsored by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Wade AG, et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2011;27:87-98. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Haimov I, et al. Sleep. 1995;18(7):598-603. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.