Circadin® Sleep better. Live better.¹
Having trouble sleeping? Not being able to sleep is a common problem for many of us, particularly as we get older. There are many reasons leading to poor-quality sleep and waking up still feeling tired and unrestored.
Not getting enough quality sleep and starting the day feeling tired can affect how you feel and function for the rest of the day, affecting your energy levels, your health, and even how you perform at work or do your daily tasks.
Melatonin - the sleep hormone
Melatonin is a hormone naturally produced in the brain that helps regulate the circadian rhythm – your internal body clock, and control your sleep patterns and quality. Taking melatonin, the active ingredient in Circadin, when your sleep quality is unsatisfactory can help promote sleepiness and improve the quality of your sleep – helping you sleep better,1 wake up more alert1,2 and ready for the day ahead!1,3
With its prolonged release formulation, the melatonin in Circadin is designed to mimic the body’s natural melatonin secretion and help improve your sleep quality and morning alertness.2,5
Circadin is now available from your local pharmacy without a prescription – you will need to talk to your pharmacist first and they will decide if Circadin is right for you.
Circadin prolonged release melatonin tablets:
- Are designed to release melatonin gradually over 8-10 hours6
- Mimic the body’s natural patterns of melatonin secretion1,3
Circadin has been clinically proven* to improve:
*Compared to placebo, in patients 55 years and older1,3,4,7-9
- The time it takes to fall asleep1,3
- Sleep quality4,7,8
- Morning alertness7
- Quality of life1,3
You may think you’re not doing much when you’re asleep – but there are lots of important functions taking place in your body that help you recover from the stresses of the day and get ready for what’s in store tomorrow. Without enough quality sleep, your body has a hard time functioning properly – but there are things you can do to help improve the quantity and quality of your sleep.
- Wade AG, et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007;23(10):2597-2605. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Zisapel N, Laudon M. Human Psychopharmacology Clin Exp. 2003;18:1-20.
- Luthringer R, et al. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;24:239-249. Sponsored by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- CIRCADIN® Product Information. Last amended 11 November 2020.
- Zisapel N. Open Neuroendocrinology J. 2010;3:85-95.
- Wade AG, et al. BMC Medicine. 2010;8:51. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Lemoine P, et al. J Sleep Res. 2007;16:372-380. Sponsored by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Wade AG, et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2011;27:87-98. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Haimov I, et al. Sleep. 1995;18(7):598-603. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.