Aura Sleep App
Circadin Sleep Sounds Playlist
A holistic approach can help you optimise your sleep quality. Circadin has partnered with the award-winning sleep and mindfulness App AURA, to help you on your personalised journey to sleeping better and living better.*Terms and Conditions
Many people have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Others feel that their sleep is restless, light or of poor quality. They wake up feeling unrefreshed. Everyone’s idea of a ‘good night’s sleep’ varies, so the amount of sleep considered ‘a problem’ for one person may not be an issue for someone else. However, sleep problems can start to arise when:
- You’re concerned about the lack of sleep, or your sleep quality
- It starts making you feel tired or sleepy during the daytime
- It’s affecting how well you function at work or when doing everyday activities.
If you are unsure about how well you sleep, try keeping a sleep diary to help keep track of your sleep patterns and how you are feeling.
Click here to download a sleep diary.
If you’re concerned about the amount or the quality of your sleep, it’s important to seek advice from your doctor or your pharmacist.
Sleep hygiene refers to a range of everyday habits that can help you sleep better, such as avoiding alcohol or caffeinated drinks (like tea, coffee, or cola) close to bedtime, waking up at the same time each morning, and ensuring your room is at a comfortable temperature.
Poor sleep hygiene (sleep habits) is a common cause of sleep problems.
One of the most important steps in improving your sleep hygiene is to establish a regular sleep routine. This can involve maintaining regular pre-bed activities, keeping your bedroom surroundings relatively constant, and waking up at the same time each day. However, you should avoid going to bed if you aren’t tired, even if it means going to bed at irregular times.
Here are a few steps you could try:
- Avoid caffeinated drinks before going to bed
- Avoid napping during the day
- Limit your alcohol and cigarette use before bedtime
Learn more about sleep hygiene.
Click here to download a sleep hygiene fact sheet
What is CIRCADIN used for?
CIRCADIN has been clinically proven¥† to improve sleep quality, morning alertness and daytime functioning, and to decrease the time it takes to fall asleep.
¥Wade AG, et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007; 23(10):2597-2605; supported by Neurim.
†compared to placebo in adults aged 55 and over
Everyone struggles with sleep occasionally, but if it keeps happening then seeking advice is the healthy thing to do.
- CIRCADIN Consumer Medicine Information (CMI).
- Wade AG, et al. BMC Medicine. 2010;8:51. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Wade AG, et al. Curr Med Res Opin. 2007;23(10):2597-2605. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Zisapel N. Open Neuroendocrinology J. 2010;3:85-95.
- Luthringer R, et al. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;24:239-249. Sponsored by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Haimov I, et al. Sleep. 1995;18(7):598-603. Funded by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- CIRCADIN Product Information. Last amended 11 November 2020.
- Lemoine P, et al. J Sleep Res. 2007;16:372-380. Sponsored by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- Arendt J, Skene DJ. Sleep Med Rev. 2005;9:25-39. Sponsored by Neurim Pharmaceuticals, Tel Aviv, Israel.